APRIL 5TH, 19TH, & 26TH
$105 FOR SERIES
$42 PER CLASS
Participants will continue to learn and build upon their watercolor techniques, while being inspired by the master's paintings. While painting from the masters' paintings, participants will discuss composition and use of value, color, and brush techniques to create focal points. Instructor will provide a drawing for participants to use for the layout of the painting.
Week 1: Van Gogh
Week 2: Sargent
Week 3: Homer
Instructor: Jennifer Koury
Ages: Adults - Intermediate
Materials: Come prepared with your own supplies. See supply list below.
NOTE: All classes require a minimum number of students to run. Please sign up in advance to help avoid cancellation due to low registration. In the case of a cancellation you will be notified prior and receive a full refund. Please read our class policies.
1. Two sheets of 22" X 30” Arches 140 lb Cold Press paper folded in half
2. Watercolor paints (tubes) - Daniel Smith, Koi, Winsor and Newton, QoR, and Holbein brands are high quality options. These can be found in sets.
3. Portable Palette
4. Watercolor Brushes: Simply Simmons #30 round, #10 round, Princeton Heritage #6 round, Princeton Select Pointed Filbert #6- optional, or Simply Simmons Wash and Dry Set has a good variety of brushes & 1” flat synthetic wash brush.
5. Sketch book (8 ½ x 11) or sketch paper 11 x 14, approximately 12 sheets, OR a pad of 11 x 14 or slightly larger paper is helpful.
6. Pencils- #2, or HB and 2B.
7. Kneaded eraser or soft white eraser
8. Pad of paper and pen, if you would like to jot down some notes.
9. Fine mist (travel size) spritzing bottle or spray bottle
10. Support board of Masonite or Gator Board (optional)