SUPPLIES YOU NEED TO GET:
- Three drawing pencils: 3B HB and 2H
- A kneaded eraser
- A hard, white plastic eraser
- A small, handheld pencil sharpener
- An Exacto knife
- A sandpaper block in a fine grade (available at hardware stores)
- A spiral-bound sketchbook with good, smooth drawing paper in a size that feels good to you, but nothing smaller than 6-inch square or 6x9 portrait. I really think a bigger size is better, and you can fill each page, but some of us like to work in a smaller book. My favourite brand is Stonehenge, but the Strathmore Mixed Media journals are also wonderful. These papers not only take pencil and pen beautifully, but they can take a light watercolour wash. This is your biggest investment, but it’s very important to have good paper. When we work in charcoal I will bring good and suitable paper for you.